Monday, April 8, 2013

Recipe Monday

{Chicken Lo Mein}


I've been having some mad cravings, like, pregnant woman cravings for Chicken Lo Mein.(Fear not, I am one out of almost all of my friends that is not pregnant.)   
One of my favorite things to do is order in Chinese with my husband on date nights.  Since we are on a tight budget, I decided to find an affordable recipe to feed my craving rather than spend a bunch of our entertainment funds on take out.  



Lo and behold, I found an amazing recipe!  My kids even asked for seconds (you'd never guess a 3 and 1 year old would love lo mein!)We loved it so much that I'm planning on making it again this week!  



I serve it along with homemade wontons. (cream cheese inside wonton wrappers, lightly salted and quickly fried in canola oil) 



{Go HERE to see the recipe} 

Menu Monday: 
Monday: Fajitas, guac and chips
Tuesday: Bruschetta chicken, cheesy potatoes, salad

Wednesday: Taco salads
Thursday: Grilled chicken salads bread sticks
Friday:  Chicken & rice, broccoli & rolls
Saturday L: Tomato soup and grilled cheese
Saturday D: Spaghetti and meatballs, salads and breadsticks

Sunday L:Family lunch after church (we usually get the $10 meal deal at McDonalds- 20 chicken nuggets, 2 large fries and 2 sodas.)

Sunday D: BLT's & chips    

1 comment:

  1. looks great Abi! Adelle loves noodle dishes with veggies.

    ReplyDelete