Saturday, March 30, 2013

Recipe Monday

{Potato Soup}


We made this for dinner on a rainy, cold Minnesota spring day.  It was perfect!  Even my girls asked for seconds. 

I had a recipe at one point, but lost it.  I searched for one similar, but just couldn't find one.  So, I took a chance and made one up on my own.  

It turned out so good that I had to post it ahead of time. 

This is how I did it...


{Ingredients} 
 4-5 large potatoes, peeled and cubed 
1 cooking onion, chopped 
3-4 garlic cloves, minced 
5. cups of chicken broth (or prepare bullion ahead) 
3T butter 
1 cup of milk
1 cup of cream (or 3T of cream cheese if you don't have cream) 
S&P to taste 

Garnish:
chopped cooked bacon, green onions chopped, cheddar cheese

{directions} 
Melt your butter in a stock pot, add onions and garlic and cook over medium heat for 2-3 minutes.  Add chicken broth and potatoes and cook until potatoes are soft (about 30 minutes)lower the heat and add the cream and milk.  Mash your potatoes, or continue to cook for a few minutes, then puree.  
Serve hot and garnish with bacon, green onions and cheddar.  

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment