Monday, June 18, 2012

Recipe Monday- Taco Salads

Ok, I know this "recipe" is soooo original, but I had to put it up for my list of meals to refer to when I do my meal planning.  Plus, who doesn't need a little inspiration and reminding every now and then about a yummy meal?  

My sister in law made the best taco salad for us while we were at our cabin in northern MN.  It was easy, but we all had seconds.  I thought it would be a great meal for Monday nights when our family gets home from our oldest daughter's ballet class around 5:30, and the girls go to bed around 6:30.  It's one that I can make ahead of time, re-heat the meat and add the chips later.  So easy!

Enjoy!  

{photo soon} 

Taco Salad 
feeds 3-4 adults
Ingredients:
1 lb of beef 
1 pkg of taco seasoning
1 bag of shredded cheddar cheese
shredded lettuce 
1 large tomato 
1 c. sour cream
1/4 salsa 
1 jar of sliced black olives
1 bag of tortilla chips

directions: 
brown the meat and prepare it according to the directions on the taco seasoning packet.  In a large bowl, mix all of the ingredients with the beef, other than the chips.  On your plate, crumble chips (or leave the whole if you wish) and top with the mix!  If you think you'll have leftovers, don't mix everything together and just do layers, that way you can re-heat the meat for the leftovers and not have soggy lettuce and tomatoes.  We just set some meat aside for my husband's lunch, and then mix all of the rest. 


Our family's menu: 
M- Taco salad, grapes
T- Steaks, baked potatoes and spinach salad
W- Spicy honey chicken, brown rice & broccoli 
TH- Curry chicken, basmati rice, asparagus
F- Date night
S- Honey mustard chicken sandwiches, fries, strawberries
Su- Tater tot hotdish, salad, crescents


No comments:

Post a Comment