Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Tutorial Tuesday- How to Stencil an Accent Wall

I'm sure you all know that we bought a home and will be (Lord willing) closing next Tuesday, the 13th.  The house we are buying is pretty fancy to start with, but being the artist I am, I have to add some finishing touches to make it just right for our family.  I love the idea of putting in some cute wall paper on an accent wall, but my husband cringed at the idea.  So, the teacher in me came up with a creative solution. 
(See how I made it all about me and how awesome I am?  Haha!) 

No, but really, this whole decorating thing is what "revs my engine."  I absolutely love the idea of making a home, well, mine.  I've been stalking this site and their awesome stencils ever since I found out I was pregnant with Evelynn.  I realized it might be a bit much to ask our landlord to paint flowers all over one of his rooms, so I decided to wait.  BUT NOW....now we get to paint whatever want, where ever we want!  

So, what does this have to do with Tutorial Tuesday?  
Well, just to inspire your creative side, I wanted to show you this video and how easy it is to stencil a wall to make a room yours!  I am in the process of purchasing the Casablanca  All Over Stencil from Cutting Edge Stencils, which is the same stencil that is used in the video.  Here are some photos of the finished project. 





(Via the Cutting Edge Stencils website.)


Also, be on the look out in a while, I will be showing you my finished project as well as doing a giveaway from Cutting Edge Stencils! (Yay!!) 

1 comment:

  1. Buying a house is a great goal for the New Year. Make sure that resolution has some back up with a life insurance policy. You can get a quick and easy quote from IntelliQuote in just minutes. Find out how little it could cost to keep (and protect) that home for future generations. http://bit.ly/wtQdFu

    ReplyDelete