Monday, January 2, 2012

Tutorial Tuesday- Lose It!

Well, this isn't quite a tutorial, but I haven't had time to do anything crafty this week.  With all of the holidays and the absurd amount of eating we've done... All I've had on my mind is trying to get healthy again.  So, that's why I want to tell you about a new app that I learned about.  I wish our ipod could be updated so that I could actually USE it as an app, but I am just using it on my computer instead.  It is called Lose It.  



Lose It is not only a calorie tracker, but also an exercise tracker.  I am not big into tracking calories, but I really like the fact that adding in the food that I've eaten is a way to keep myself accountable.  Who wants to add, "18 m&m's, 1 piece of cheesecake, and a stray piece of french bread" onto their list of foods?  Not me.  So, today I've kept myself away from them.  
I am also a task oriented person, so checking things off my list feels great, but so does adding positive things to a list... like exercise.  This even keeps track of how many times you've climbed stairs.  How cool is that?  



It also has motivators and conversation forums for incentive to keep losing.  I love it when I know I can be held accountable for a goal that I'd like to reach.



 I really like that I can check the reports on how I've made progress.  I've only been using for a day, but I'm really excited to use it to reach my goals. 


Head on over to Lose It to see how you can reach your goals!

1 comment:

  1. thanks for posting this, Abi. I've been trying it out today. I've never counted my calories before, and it's kind of fun to see how much I've consumed and how much is left of my day. I looked up a calorie estimate for myself as a breastfeeding Mom to figure out how much I should be consuming. Kind of fun. We'll see if I can stick to it!

    ReplyDelete