Thursday, January 19, 2012

Thursday's Thoughts- Live with a Thankful Heart


It's always good to have a reminder. 


So,  this week has been a rough one for me personally.  I won't get into all of the detail, but I realized this morning I have a lot to be thankful for.  I have done a really good job at feeling sorry for myself this week with my 2 year old giving up her only nap, not having a car to get around in during the day, and not getting a "break" from being a Mama.  

I have been walking around with this poor me attitude, and some of it seems valid.  (Again, I won't get into detail) But this Sunday, our sermon at church was about freedom and thankfulness int he things we are called for, and the gifts we are given.  I am a Mom.  Always have been, and always will be.  I have always wanted to take care of people (Despite what my mom has to say about our "incident" during her hysterectomy. haha!)  and absolutely, without a doubt love being a mother to my two amazing, beautiful daughters.  

But, truth is, it gets hard.  Really hard.  It gets hard not seeing other adults for my own pleasure, and not because they have kids who are the same age.  It gets hard being isolated.  It gets hard feeling like there is no break in the day where I am not responsible for other people's livelihood.  It's a lot to handle, amen?  

Anyway, in the midst of personal time, in prayer, meditation and trying to shut my own mouth while feeling sorry for myself.  I decided to let my faith carry me, and allow me to feel free in what I do.  It's brought on a lot of personal attack, but that's how I know my heart is headed into the right direction.  Here we go! 

So, this morning, a friend posted something on her blog as a reassurance and a nice reminder to be thankful for what I have: a nice home, a hope of owning our own home in a few months, a husband that I think is from another planet because he's so kind, considerate, hard working, hansom, talented, smart...the list goes on and on and on, two healthy, beautiful, smart, daughters, food, clothing, living in a city I love..... really, I could go on and on.  I probably should.  There is a lot to be thankful for.  Back to the reassurance, my friend Jane posted this story about a little boy who was born with Bartsocas-Papas Syndrome. You can go here to read his full story, and about his parents who adopted him with fearless love.  So amazing.

It will definitely remind you to sit down and be thankful for all that you have. 


No comments:

Post a Comment