Monday, December 5, 2011

Tutorial Tuesday- Handmade Gift Tags

So, this year has been a little....lacking, in the handmade gifts department.  As it turns out, having a potty training 2 year old and a 2 month old, there isn't much time for much else.  But, I refuse to not make anything for Christmas.  So, I started easy.  I won't name any of the gifts quite yet, but the wrapping has been fun to make again!  I've been making crocheted bows, paper bows, lace ribbons, and these beauts... handmade gift tags. 



This is how I made them...


I took plain white tags that can be purchased at Michael's or JoAnn's.  (I had mine left over from some bulk sales for the Garden Center.)

I brewed a triple batch of red leaf tea. (3 bags, only 1/3 of the water.)

I dipped them in there once.  Let them dry.  Dipped them again, let them dry.  And then, I dipped only the edges in there so that it would have an aged look.  I even took my fingers, dipped them in tea, then ran them across the collection... being messy is fun.  It made me miss painting. 



I let the tags dry completely. 



Then, I embellished them with plenty o' thangs.  Lace, ribbon, crocheted flowers, buttons, beads, glitter and sequins.  I love all of the possibilities!  



Super easy, super cheap, and super fun!  Enjoy!

1 comment: