Monday, October 31, 2011

Recipe Monday- Mock Applebee's Spinach & Artichoke Dip

I'mmm Baaaack!

So, I'm going to try posting every day again!  It has been incredibly hard to even finish a post for either of my blogs when I have a toddler hanging from my legs, and a baby hangin' from my... well, I'll be demure and say, arms.  (She's 12 pounds now, can we just talk about that... my 6 week old is TWELVE pounds!)
Anyway, I can't believe I haven't posted this recipe yet! I can't remember where I found it, but I've been making it for years.  It's one of our favorites!  We serve it with tortilla chips or rustic bread.

Enjoy!



Ingredients:
1 jar of Alfredo sauce
1 8 oz. package of frozen spinach, thawed and drained
1 4-6 oz. jar of artichoke hearts, chopped
1 pkg. Parmesan cheese
1 pkg. Mozzarella cheese
1 t. minced garlic (the kind you can get in a jar)
1/2 t. garlic salt
Salt & Pepper to taste

Directions:
Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.  Mix alfredo sauce, spinach, artichokes, garlic and 1/2 package of each cheese in a bowl.  Add a pinch of salt and pepper, or more, if you prefer a more flavorful dip.  (I'm pretty sure Applebee's dumps a TON of salt in theirs!) Pour and smooth into a baking dish. Top dip with the rest of both cheeses.  Bake for 25-30 minutes, until top is bubbling and golden brown.  Be careful, it's hot but OH so delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment