Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Tutorial Tuesday-How to do a Fishtail Braid

I was thinking about doing something a little different over the next few weeks because, let's face it, I'm huge.  I'm 38 weeks pregnant on Wednesday, so making projects hasn't been easy lately.  Plus, we finally got our upstairs finished (besides the railing and trim) and Baby's room is all ready for her arrival.  Photos soon! So, the abundance of projects I had done for those sort of burnt me out.  PLUS...plus, autumn is near, therefore I am getting a lot of orders for Eli&Ellie crocheted items.  Don't forget that if you have something in mind for a baby shower gift, or a winter accessory for yourself or a friend...my Eli&Ellie blog followers get a 10% discount!  
Moving on! (Anyone else heard of pregnancy brain?  Yeah, rambling is part of mine...pardon.) 

So I've been looking for ways to make myself feel a little more normal looking with this huge belly.  Luckily the mirror in the bathroom only shows my chest up, so I can at least pretend to look normal and avoid all body mirrors on my bad days. :)  Don't get me wrong, I love my belly, I'm just excited to be able to wear shirts that fit all of the way over my stomach. So... I've been doing my hair in different ways, which I've always loved to do.  I wanted to learn how to do a fishtail braid on the side.  Turns out it's WAY easier than I thought!  I was going to do a little video for you guys, but turns out that I totally stink at making videos.  (I'm an artist, not an actor.)  So, I thought I'd post the original one that I found to learn on my own.  She does a great job at explaining, and again it's a lot easier than I thought.  I'll have some more fun, easy hair tutorials for you over the next few weeks.
  Well, with the exception of the time that I will be adoring my new little teeny baby girl. :)  

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I love doing fishtail braids! They are one of my favorite braids.

    ReplyDelete