Monday, September 12, 2011

Recipe Monday- Olive Garden Alfredo Sauce

OK, so pregnant or not, I'm a huge fan of Olive Garden.  Throughout the past few weeks, I've been craving it like crazy!  To my luck, I found that Olive Garden has their very own recipe for their Alfredo Sauce on their website!  How awesome is that?!  I haven't tried it yet, but it's what I'm planning for dinner this evening.  Here is the link to it as well!  Enjoy!


Ingredients

  1. 1 1/2 cup milk
  2. 1 1/2 cup heavy cream
  3. 1/2 cup imported Parmesan cheese, grated
  4. 1/2 cup imported Romano cheese, grated
  5. 6 egg yolks from fresh jumbo eggs
  6. Salt and black pepper to taste

Procedures

  1. HEAT milk and cream in a heavy bottom saucepan until it begins to simmer. Turn off heat. Slowly whip in cheese, then remove from heat.
  2. PLACE egg yolks in a separate bowl and slowly whip in a portion of the hot milk and cream mixture. Slowly add egg yolk mixture back into remaining cream mixture. Place back on very low heat and continually stir until simmering. Take sauce off heat so it thickens. (This will increase temperature of egg yolks, known as tempering).
  3. SEASON to taste with salt and black pepper. Serve over your favorite pasta.



On the Menu for this week: 

Monday- Alfredo with broccoli and breadsticks
Tuesday- Fajitas with chips and guacamole 
Wednesday- Almond crusted chicken, wild rice and squash
Thursday- Beef and rice, green beans and buns
Friday- Taco salads
Saturday lunch- Avocado & bacon panini's with chips
Saturday dinner- Shrimp pasta, salad, french bread
Sunday lunch- mini pizzas on bagels
Sunday- Ellie's birthday part (a.k.a ALL yellow foods!)

    3 comments:

    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      ReplyDelete
    2. wow, you're really good at meal planning. I think I pretty much "wing it" every day. I wish I was better at planning out my meals. How do you do it?

      ReplyDelete
    3. I have to do it! Otherwise I go to the grocery store and have a hay day getting things we just don't need because I am hungry and want everything. :) Then I get home and realize I don't have the ingredients I would need to make whole meals. I try to plan my meals according to sales and coupons as well, so that we don't go over budget. It doesn't always work, but I try. I also have a hard time planning dinner for the night if I wing it. I usually get mad and then just want to order out. haha! It helps to have a list that I started a while ago of meal ideas, then I also look at my pinterest board and recipe box on BHG. I try to do 3 easy meals, and 2 bigger meals, then 2 lunches, 1 baked thing, and 3 snacks within my grocery list. It helps a lot! :)

      ReplyDelete