Monday, September 5, 2011

Recipe Monday- Grown Up Grilled Cheese

This is my own recipe, and something I've been eating a lot.  I really love to savor nap time around my house right now, since I know in a few short weeks it'll all be shot to you know where when a newborn is brought home.  So, I usually light a few candles, get out the dark chocolate and tea and sometimes make a really fabulous lunch just for me.  This became my favorite thing to make for the past few weeks.  It can be tweaked to your fancy! Enjoy! 


Grown Up Grilled Cheese


Ingredients: 
Sour dough bread
Red Pepper
Green Pepper
Mushrooms
Onion
Provolone cheese
Cheddar cheese
Avocado 
Mayo

Preheat the oven to 425.  Saute the first 4 ingredients first.  Spread the avocado and mayo on the bread that you have sliced. spread the sauteed veggies on the bread, and top with cheese.  Do not put the pieces of bread together, but let the cheese melt on one, and toast the other side.  Put in oven for 6-9 minutes, until the cheese is melted.  put your bread together, cut, and enjoy!! So, so yummy!   I ate this with some grapes and cantaloupe. 

1 comment: