Monday, September 19, 2011

Recipe Monday- Easy Meal Ideas

We had Ellie's 2nd birthday party yesterday, so I woke up all out of sorts today.  It feels weird that it's Monday already!  Luckily we have a nice relaxing day planned, ending with a pedicure. :) I thought I might change things up, selfishly, today.  I thought I'd put up some ideas for easy meal ideas that I could make after baby comes.  I know that when I, myself, make my grocery list, I need to have a list of meal ideas so I can plan my menu.  Otherwise I get all scattered.  The only thing is that my list has a lot of complicated ideas on it, which I probably won't be up to unless I'm REALLY craving them after the baby comes.  Some of these recipes are already on this blog, so sorry if I sound redundant.  I just wanted a list of the easier ones.  
So, here we have it- here are my easy meal ideas: 



Taco Pizza: 
1 pkg. of easy dough mix
taco sauce 
1 lb. hamburger
1 package of taco seasoning
1 package of shredded taco cheese
1/4 onion chopped
lettuce, chopped
tomato chopped
(any other toppings that you like)
1 small bag of taco chips


Directions- brown meat, add taco seasoning.  Mix dough and top with taco sauce and meat, then onions and cheese.  Bake according to package directions.  Top with lettuce, tomato, and chips.  Serve with sour cream and salad.

(Tip: I am going to buy a few pounds of beef, brown it and put it in the freezer.  It's easy to just thaw and use- this meal would literally take 5 minutes to prep, plus the baking time.  SO easy!)



Easy Calzones:


Ingredients:
1 can of pillsbury pizza crust
1 pkg. italian shredded cheese
pizza sauce (you can find a bottle of squeeze pizza sauce, I forget the brand, but then you can use it over and over instead of opening a big can for just a little sauce.)
Toppings that you like- pepperoni, hamburger, pineapple, veggies.

Directions:
Unroll can of pizza crust and cut into quarters.  Spread sauce in the middle of each square, place toppings on it, top with cheese.  Fold the corner over to make a triangle, and pinch edges so that the toppings do not come out.  Cook in oven at temp. that can calls for, for 13-15 minutes, or until golden brown.  



Slow cooker pulled pork:

Ingredients:
Pork shoulder
1 can of root beer
1 bottle of your favorite bbq sauce. 

Directions: place pork and root beer in a slow cooker and cook on low for 6-8 hours.  Shred pork and pour bbq sauce on top and serve on good buns.





This weeks menu:

Monday: Chicken, squash, homemade rolls and salad.
Tuesday: Cheese ravioli, garlic bread, broccoli
Wednesday: Loaded potatoes with shrimp and bacon, salad
Thursday: Pizza, salad, breadsticks
Friday:  Date night

No comments:

Post a Comment