Thursday, August 11, 2011

Thursday's thoughts- Richness

There have been a lot of things about today, or even this week, that have made me realize how rich I am.  Rich?  No, I'm definitely (DEFINITELY) not talking money-wise, but more so everything else-wise.  I sort of let the concept of "1,000 gifts" drop off the face of my earth, but I want to start up again.  As I sat and watched "The Pups", a group of older men who play THE best music ever at our open mic night at the coffee shop I work at, I thought to myself about how rich I am.  Al, a blind man in The Pups, dedicated a song to my baby...which, I'll willingly admit we are having a hard time naming.  He thinks it's funny to repeat every name I've mentioned to him as her name.  (It is a little funny, and cute.)  While I work, it's a time where for every 1 jerk that has to bring up how "huge" I am, or how "I shouldn't be working this late in my pregnancy" there are 9 really awesome people who support me in it, and remember so many details about what is going on in my life.  It's just a really nice place to be.  I would love to hope that I can stay at that job, but we'll see.
I also am rich in love.  With family, friends, etc.  My husband is the kind of guy that women would kill to have.  My daughter is healthy and absolutely loves her mama.  My baby, by the way, is healthy and will be able to go to a full term pregnancy despite the marginal cord insertion.  She's 4 lb.s 2 oz., which is great!  We have great families that support us.  And friends that understand us.
I have been trying really hard to surround myself with people that I want to be like- people that leave me feeling fed, energized, encouraged.  I feel like I have a lot of people like that in my life.  I keep busy, and very, very rarely find myself lonely these days.  In fact, I strive for some alone time... which is weird for me.  I have found that since I took the initiative to be a more positive me, and look at life differently, it really changes things.  I've met a lot more friends that aren't just "convenient friends" but rather, friends that give and take equally.  I love that.  I don't think I've ever had that before. 
Anyway, I could go on and on about how rich I am- but I will just leave you with what I have.  I need to take a bath and head to bed.  These ol' hips are achin'!  Have a good Friday tomorrow, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment