Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Apologies

Hey bloggers...  I thought I'd write an apology for being so absent lately!  I don't mean to be, or like to be, but being 9 months pregnant (tomorrow) and having a lot going on in life has made it really hard to not only find the time to sit down and write, but also to find energy to be creative.  Isn't that terrible?!  I thought I'd tell you a little about what's going on as of late...
35 weeks.
First, like I said, I will be 36 weeks pregnant tomorrow.  I have been dealing with issues with the umbilical cord called Marginal Cord Insertion.  This means that instead of the cord meeting the placenta in the middle, it wraps up and around to the back of the placenta and the wall of my uterus.  So far, it hasn't effected the baby, but my doctors are worried about complications during delivery.  So... that has been one major worry.  I've also had problems with my lower back and especially hips, making it super hard to move around.  This makes doing art and craft projects far more difficult.  Total bummer!

We have also been trying our best to finish up construction before the baby gets here.  Last week I got some news that the doctors do not feel comfortable letting me go past my due date, which is September 28th.  They also told me that they may go as far as inducing me at 38 weeks to avoid some complications.  (That means in 2 weeks, Baby E could be here.)  So... that pretty much put the house construction that my husband, himself, is doing in high gear.  As I write, he and his Grandpa are up there putting in hard wood flooring.  Here are some photos of the new paint that went up last week.  (For those of you who don't know- Matt completely gutted the upstairs of a house we are renting from a friend, and re-insulated, and is putting back together essentially.)







Other than that, I have been finishing up work at the cafe, trying to keep this house sane, doing the typical baby stuff- showers, shopping, nesting and preparing as much as I can.  All of my art and craft stuff is packed away in our basement now, so it's hard to find time, energy, and organization to do any projects.  I will have a fun post once everything is back in place in the next week or two of all of the projects I've been working on the past few months for our new bedroom and the nursery.

So there you have it, that's what I've been up to and why I've been MIA so much in the past 2 weeks.  Thanks for understanding and following!  Hope you all are well! 
-Abi

No comments:

Post a Comment