Tuesday, July 26, 2011

T.T- Pinterest

So, I've got nothin' for you this week.  I have been working on random projects around the house, but nothing too interesting.  But one thing I wanted to mention as far as tutorials go is Pinterest.com.  If you haven't already checked it out, please do!  I am completely addicted.  The way it works is you request an invite, then you can create your own "boards" or categories of things you like.  Then once you've done that you can start "pinning" photos and website to these boards.  So, for example... I searched for "Gray and Yellow Bedroom" to get ideas for our bedroom, and I got a TON of photos of different things from pillows, to wall colors, to wall hangings, and so on.  Once you click on the photo that you have pinned, it is directly linked to the source.  SO... this means if it's a tutorial, it will take you directly to the blog that posted the tutorial!  How cool is that?!  No more wasting time googling a projecting you'd like to make.  Just search for it on pinterest, find the project that you like the most, and click on the photo.  I especially love it because now I don't have to have a pesky folder on my desktop of photos without any sources or links to the tutorials or ideas.  Instead if I'm lacking an idea of what to do that day, I can just jump on pinterest and search for what I'd like to do.  It's great for inspiration too! 

Here are a few of the photos that I have pinned: 






Oh, and also- there aren't just tutorials, decorating and crafts on Pinterest.com.  You can also see photos of anything from food to tattoos, homeschooling ideas to funny sayings, and so much more!  It's super fun!  But be warned... you'll get addicted and find yourself pinning 20 photos at a time!  Enjoy!!

1 comment: