Friday, July 1, 2011

Thursday's Thoughts- Dawdling

I have a hard time when I have an agenda and Ellie "slows me down."  The thing is, I need to remember she's 2.  It's a hard thing to consider when being a homemaker isn't just about raising children, but also about the million other tasks that I have to do take care of our home and family. 
I got this in an email from baby center today and it really made me stop to think about what it means when Ellie takes 10 minutes to get from our back door to the car, and I should encourage her, rather than get frustrated...
"Have an hour to kill? Ditch the stroller and let your toddler lead you on a walk around the block. You'll be amazed at how many times your curious explorer will stop to check out small objects such as an interesting rock, a dead leaf, or a parade of ants. Your toddler isn't trying to drive you crazy by dawdling. To her, the journey is as exciting as the destination, and the small details of the world are irresistible"

No comments:

Post a Comment