Thursday, July 14, 2011

Thursday's Thoughts- Challenges.

Cheri from I Am Momma, Hear Me Roar challenges her readers every Wednesday with her Wake Up Wednesday challenges.  I've tried hard to keep up with the things she challenges, and it's been a really positive thing in my life.  There are a few things that I've kept up, and a few things that I did for the week that she asked her readers to participate in. 
This week's challenge is to do something nice for someone who bothers you.  There aren't honestly a lot of people who bother me in my life these days.  I mean, people do things that bother me...of course.  But, I couldn't really think of a way to do this one.  There are people who have really hurt me in the past year or so, especially around this time last year.  I lost a few really good friends of mine over really dumb things.  So, instead... I decided that it was time to let those things go.  I feel like there are a few people that I've just let get to me, even though I don't see them or talk to them at all.  This week I've been praying that I can feel peace about losing those friendships, and have done something I haven't been able to do in a while.... pray for those people.  I prayed for God to bless their marriages, and bring peace to their hearts as well.  I prayed that I would learn how to forgive those people in the way I'm supposed to.  It's been a hard thing for me, but usually when things are hard to do, they're good for a person.
Another thing that I got a kick out of this week was a situation with someone I had just met.  I was told that person wasn't super talkative, and sometimes people took that as this person being mean.  I tried to take that in account, and had a really hard time getting the person to open up.  I asked them about a particular thing we had in common and they gave me a one word answer.  Yep, it seemed cold.  But... I kept workin' on them. Later, after trying and trying, the person opened up to tell me they were having a really hard day and didn't want to talk about that thing because of their hard day and they didn't feel good at all.  We talked and talked, and now I'm so glad I got to know this person even just a little.  So, moral of the story is to not assume that a person is mean, but maybe they're going through something, or maybe they are just shy and need some time to warm up?  Something I've done a terrible job at taking into factor in my past.  Better to learn it at 26 than never, right?
Anyway- I guess I'm challenging you guys to these things as well.  Head on over to Cheri's blog and read her Wake Up Wednesday posts, and then make sure that you don't assume things about people.  Give people a chance, even when you have a preconceived judgement about them.  Even if those judgements end up being true, you are the bigger person and you worked on something that made you better.
Have a good rest of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment