Friday, July 22, 2011

Gettin' Ready for the Party (2 months early)

So, get this... I'm already getting ready for my daughter's 2nd birthday party that isn't for....2 months.  Her birthday is September 18th, but I'm due September 28th.  So... I'm trying to get as much done as possible along the way so that it's easier on me.  There will be plenty of baking and cooking snacks for the day, but I figure the decorations, invites, and party-wear can be done now!
When I asked my daughter what kind of birthday party she wanted, she immediately replied, "YELLOW!"  It's her favorite color.  Every time I've asked her since, she continues to tell me she wants a yellow birthday party.  I figure it can be really cute!  Yellow balloons, yellow decorations, a yellow outfit, yellow foods, and yellow drinks.  It's going to be a shabby party and I can't wait for her to see it!  So, here is what I've done so far:
 I'm making a few shirts for E- mainly because I have a few ideas, but also because her birthday, I'm guessing, my get messy with all of the fun sweets I have planned. :)
 Her invites- yellow bunting, yellow photo, and a fun stamp on the inside. 

I also bought a few baskets, and yellow tubs from the dollar section at Target.  I plan to make fabric bunting and a few other things for decorations on top of the balloons, streamers, and table clothes.  I'm trying to incorporate a little gray into the whole thing too, since the yellow gets to be a bit....blan after a while.  Anyway- if you have any other fun ideas, send them my way!

No comments:

Post a Comment