Friday, July 22, 2011

Fun Tips Friday

Fun Tips Friday! 

Maternity: 
 
Pregnancy yoga.  Yep, do yoga while you're pregnant.  I did it a lot more with my first pregnancy, and did it for the first time this morning with baby #2.  I can't believe how great it feels.  I don't know if I would brave a class being as big as I am, lacking any sort of balance, but I have this video by Shiva Rea.  You can get it on Amazon for a few bucks and do it through all 3 trimesters.  You'll learn how to widen your hips and prepare for birth.  You'll also learn some relaxing poses and also some stretching poses for those awful moments of pain during the last trimester of pregnancy. 


Baby/Toddler:
Is your child a picky eater?  Not a fan of veggies or fruits?  If you haven't already heard of Deceptively Delicious by Jessica Seinfeld, you should check it out.  She has an entire cookbook dedicated to recipes for the picky eater.  We tried the chocolate chip cookies with chic peas in them and E had no idea! You don't necessarily have to buy the cookbook- if you google recipes from it, there are a few sites that have a few recipes that you can try out first.  Enjoy!
Weekend Fun: 

Spend some time today thinking about a tradition that you could start this weekend with your family.  Even if it's something that you do once a month, do something that you plan to continue doing.  I remember from when I was a kid, my mom would take my brother and I to the store and we could get 1 movie, 1 pizza, 3 candy bars and 3 cans of soda for $7.62.  We'd call it, "Doing the 7.62."  (Can you imagine getting all of that for under $8 these days?!)  We'd head home and put all of the blankets and pillows on the floor in the living room, eat our meal, and lounge out until we all fell asleep.  It was so fun, and a memory/tradition I will always cherish.  I want to do traditions like this with my kids.  So, this weekend I want to start something new.  Think of something with me and keep it going!   It doesn't have to cost anything, and you don't have to go anywhere.  You could even maybe have pancakes every Sunday morning.  Just think of something!

No comments:

Post a Comment