Friday, May 6, 2011

Thursdays thoughts & Friday's Music

This week has been a very hectic one for our family.  We begin the renovations on our upstairs on Monday, so we have been moving, organizing, and shuffling to get everything to fit downstairs.  The thing is, Matt has also been working extra hours not only at Beckman, but also with his dad and Uncle.  There was one day there where he worked from 5 a.m. to 9 p.m, then woke up at 2:15 to go into Beckman for another 9 hour day, with a few hours of painting after.  I don't know how he does it!  Meanwhile, I was at home trying to move and shuffle things down the stairs, minus the heavy stuff.  Then as soon as I realized I couldn't do any more myself, I immediately became overwhelmed.  For many reasons...
Today is my husband's birthday!  I make it a point to try to make birthdays as special as possible.  Growing up, that's what my mom did.  Holidays were always VERY special in my house, and I will carry on that tradition.  So, Matt will not be working when he gets home from Beckman today.  He'll be showered with good food, then we'll go to his parents to be showered with even more good food and presents, then he will get to see one of his best friends play a show later in the evening.  It will be a fun night, but no working!
Tomorrow we plan to bring the Caliber back to southern MN in the morning, and then rush home to get the house stuff done.  We will be moving the garage around, as well as our house.  Why all on Saturday?  Because Sunday is Mother's day, and especially after these long days this week... this mom needs a break.  The past few years we have been unable to celebrate Mother's day appropriately (in my eyes) because this weekend last year, we were graduating, finishing internships, moving, and having birthdays.... all. in. one. weekend.  It was so packed!  So, this year, I told Matt that all I want is to not have to change any poopy diapers, and to be able to just have a relaxing day.  We might go to the Farmer's market in uptown, or church and then maybe out to a little lunch.  Then home for naps (all of us) and maybe a movie or something.  I want to relax.
So, the next day is Monday.... when the renovation begins!  Well, the demo begins... Jordan and Matt will be working a late night to get all of the walls done, etc.  So, everything needs to be moved out of our room, as well as everything needing to be out of the garage so we can put stuff in there.  Yikes!
I also am overwhelmed as my next two weeks are completely full of plans now.  I'm so excited to be planning a bachelorette party for my friend.  It will be so much fun, but I am just so worried that I didn't pick the right games, prizes, etc.  I love hosting, but I always get so nervous that people won't have fun.  We've also got a trip to the cabin planned, as well as a few other fun things.
So, most of it is fun, so I shouldn't be complaining.  I'm really looking forward to it all, but I'm just not used to not knowing when I'll buy groceries or vacuum the car out, you know?
Anyway- wish me luck!  I hope you all have a great weekend, and for the Moms out there- Have a great Mother's day!  Enjoy! 


No comments:

Post a Comment