Monday, May 9, 2011

Recipe Monday- Mexican Lasagna

Matt's Mom made this this weekend, and I got to sample some of the left overs.  I was so full from a huge free Mother's day coffee, but I couldn't resist.  It smelled and looked so good!  She wrote down the recipe for me, and it's really easy, but way better than it is easy!  I haven't made it myself, but I plan to pick up with the stuff for it this week so Matt can eat the left overs for lunches.

Mexican Lasagna 


Ingredients: 
1 can of cream of chicken soup
1 rotisserie chicken, or two chicken breasts cooked and diced. 
1 can of Rotel tomatoes
1 can of black beans
1 onion diced
1/2 bag of frozen corn
1 bag of shredded cheddar cheese
1 pkg of corn tortillas

Directions:
 Preheat oven to 375.  Mix in a bowl the first 5 ingredients, plus 1/2 cup or so of shredded cheese.  In a greased glass pan, start with a little bit of the mixture, then top with a layer of corn tortillas.  Repeat those steps until you cannot go any further, or you have run out of mixture.  Top with shredded cheese.  Bake at 375 for 35-40 minutes.

So, so good!!

2 comments:

  1. i do something similar, but i use enchilada sauce instead of soup, and add chicken or beef (cooked first) =) refried beans are good in it too instead of black, but i switch back and forth =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh poop! I'm glad you said something- There is supposed to be chicken in here! Oops!

    ReplyDelete