Wednesday, May 11, 2011

New job!


So we all know about the coffee shop 1 block from my house, the Riverview Cafe and Wine Bar.  I just called it "the coffee shop" because it's basically like my second home.  Well, anyway, I had half way filled out an application to work there part time, and found out today that I for sure have the job.  I know the owners pretty well, as I know most of the people who work there really well.  (Including another girl who is awesome and is due 2 days before me!) They are totally family oriented, have children themselves, and are just super down to earth.  They know that I'm pregnant (it's hard to hide it these days) and they know about Ellie as well, so they know this isn't like a career for me, but rather a way to pay for our Element, and a way for me to get out of the house and have somewhat of a social life with someone other than a 1 year old.  I will be working 2-3 evenings if all works out, and they told me that they would totally welcome Matt and Ellie in to eat dinner with me and such.  It just seems like it's going to be a really nice, laid back job.  Just what I need!  I also really love that they support local artists, and again, are so family oriented.  Anyway- I'm excited to be helping financially and am looking forward to feeling like I have a social life again.

No comments:

Post a Comment