Friday, May 20, 2011

First night at work

Wow, what an awesome job I have!  I mean, it's part time, of course, but it was so much fun!  I think I will be working every Thursday and Sunday evening.  To my luck, Thursdays are open mic-nights at the cafe.  I wasn't sure what this meant, if anyone could just go up and sing and whatnot, but I guess it's regulars that come in every week.  They're close knit, and a really wonderful bunch of different people.  It was so much fun listening to all of the different tributes to Bob Dylan for his birthday.  It was so different than any coffee shop I had worked at, as I had anticipated.  I loved not having to wear a uniform, showing tattoos and feeling comfortable.  I especially loved getting my hands on an espresso machine again.  The best part?  I made in tips just that one evening what I would make in 2 months at Starbucks, and that was split between THREE people!  It'll be awesome when I go solo!  It was fun to come home to tell Matt all of my stories, and to feel like I had some adult interaction to myself.  I still have so much to learn there, but I definitely felt the advantage of having so much experience.  It's going to be really good, I think!

No comments:

Post a Comment