Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Tutorial Tuesday- Easter Bunny

Although Easter in our house isn't about the bunny and candy, but rather the Resurrection of Jesus Christ and the celebration of his rising, I still am very excited to give my toddler an Easter basket and egg hunt this year.  To save a little money, I've decided to make a few things to fill the very large basket we bought her.  One of those things is a bunny from a blanket my mom gave me.  I forget what the fabric is called, but it's vintage and ahhhhdorable!  Click HERE for the pattern by Martha Stewart.

Isn't she the cutest thing you've ever seen?  I put vintage silky fabric in the ears because E loves that kind of fabric.  I also used puff paint for the face instead of embroidery floss because...well, just because.

Next up for the Easter basket: fun "hair pretties" (bows), a few poppy flowers to pin onto her coats, shirts and shoes, and a handmade book of colors.

1 comment:

  1. thanks for posting this, Abi. I actually made 2 of these. However, I didn't print out the pattern, in true Jane fashion, and just "fudged" it, so they're not the best looking and proportions are off, but they're still cute ;) I wanted to put a stuffed animal in Adelai's basket, but Nathan doesn't like me buying more stuffed animals, so! what a great idea to make one :-) Yours for Eleanor turned out super cute!

    ReplyDelete