Monday, April 18, 2011

Recipe Monday: Some Easy Meal Ideas!

I thought for the next few "Recipe Monday's" I'd give some ideas for some quick and easy meal ideas.  These are things you can make ahead of time, or for friends who have just had babies, surgery, or just need a pick-me-up.  Today's is something that my mom used to make, and now it's one of our family's favorite meals.  Super easy, and cheap! It makes enough for us three and usually left overs for 2 lunches. 


Beef & Rice

Ingredients:
1lb. Ground Beef, browned
1.2 c. diced onions, caramelized with beef
1 box of beef rice, we usually get the generic kind.
1 c. shredded cheddar

Directions:
Brown beef and onions until cooked through, add rice according to directions on box.  I use a huge pan, and do it all in one so there are less dishes.  I set the timer for 3-5 minutes less, and when the timer goes off, I top off the entire pan with shredded cheddar cheese.  I usually serve this one with broccoli and whole wheat biscuits.

No comments:

Post a Comment