Monday, March 21, 2011

Recipe Monday

  I have been feeling like chicken has been a boring main dish lately, and I really like a lot of flavor, so here is a dry rub that I made up for chicken.  I like to serve it with grilled or roasted asparagus.

Ingredients:
1/2 t. of each:
paprika
pepper
garlic salt
kosher salt
and 1 t. of:
curry powder

Mix and rub on chicken, and cook how you choose.  I usually cook it in a pan with 2 t. of olive oil.  Would be good on a grill as well.

Roasted/grilled asparagus preparation: (Works well for zucchini as well!)

Cut and clean asparagus, leave long in length.  Lay on cookie sheet, pour olive oil on top and mix into pieces.  Add minced garlic, salt and pepper.  Toss again.  Lay pieces so that they are not touching each other, and cook in oven at 400 for around 10 minutes.  Grilling timing varies, but lay pieces directly on grill until tender, but still crunchy.

No comments:

Post a Comment