Monday, February 28, 2011

Recipe Monday

So, I'm hitting 10 weeks here pretty quick, and if I recall correctly, it was about this time in my last pregnancy that I baked evvvverrrry day.  I mean, every single day.  I have already baked banana bread, brownies, and fruit salsa with cinnamon chips.  Next in line is one of my absolute favorites.  E and I love anything and everything with almond in it.  This is one that my Grandma Jen made when I was little, and I got the recipe out of the Loverink family cookbook!   Enjoy!

Almond Bars

Ingredients:
3/4 C. Shortening (I use butter...)
3 T sugar
1 1/2 C. Flour
6 beaten eggs
2 C. Sugar
2 C. Coconut
3 T. Almond extract
pinch of salt

Directions:
Mix together the first  3 ingredients (shortening, sugar, and flour.)  Pat into a 9x13 pan and bake at 350 for 20 minutes.  It will be golden brown.  Cool!  Beat eggs, add sugar, coconut, almond extract, and salt.  Mix together and put over crust.  Bake 30 minutes at 350.  Let cool before eating! Yuummm!  

No comments:

Post a Comment