Monday, February 21, 2011

Recipe Monday

Well, since not much sounds tasty to me lately with all of the morning sickness, I was having a hard time coming up with something to offer you guys for a recipe.  Lately we've been eating super weird meals that consist of mainly sweet things; sesame chicken, fruit, cereal, oatmeal, etc.  It's either that or something that sounds good to me on the spot, which usually will come from a restaurant; thai pie pizza, cheese hogie, chicken strips, etc.  They say that a pregnant woman craves what her body needs, but sometimes I think I just crave something that I really liked before I was pregnant.  Anyway, one thing that I really wanted last week was my mom's 7 bean hotdish.  A sweet chili, if you can say.  Of course, it didn't stay down, so it no longer sounds good, but I thought I'd share. 

7 bean hotdish:

Ingredients:
1 lb. ground beef
1 small yellow onion
1 lb. bacon (I get hormel's microwave bacon, since I can't stand my house smelling that bad for so long.)
1 cup of brown sugar
any kind of canned beans that you want (Matt hates beans, so I just used baked beans, pinto, and kidney but you can use as many cans as you want.)

Directions:
Brown beef, cook bacon, and chop onions.  Open all cans of beans and put in slow cooker, with juices.  Mix beef, bacon and onions into beans, along with brown sugar.  Put slow cooker on low for 6-8 hours.  It will get very thick and yummy!  Serve with cornbread and enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. sounds good! I should try that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's SO good! It makes good left overs too, and it's so incredibly easy! One of my favorite childhood foods!

    ReplyDelete