Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Tutorial Tuesday


-Diaper Cover-


This isn't a typical pattern. It's the first one I've ever written out for anyone but myself.  I tried to write it so it was understandable, but maybe it's only understandable to me?  Let me know if you have any questions. 

Using soft, thicker yarn (like Loops and Thread Charisma yarn)  and whatever hook the yarn calls for. 

Newborn- 3 months (12-13 inches, adjustable)

abbreviations used:  
ch- chain
hdc- half double crochet
dc- double crochet 
inc-increase stitch 
sl st- slip stitch
st- stitch

ch38

R1- dc in 1st ch, dc for rest of row, do not ch to finish row, turn
R2- sl st through 1st chain, (to decrease) dc to end of row, turn
R3- sl st through 1st chain, dc until end of row, except do not dc in last st.
R4-9- repeat R3 so that you decrease one stitch per row
R10- ch 2, dc across the row, turn
R11- dc across the row, inc on last stitch, turn
R12-18- repeat R11.

To finish, sl st around entire cover.  Finish with two bigger buttons on the front of the cover.  This is where you can adjust the width of the cover for growth.  (Since it's definitely difficult to determine how big or little your baby's belly is going to be when he/she is born.)



These can be finished with flowers, which I will be doing for next week's tutorial tuesday.

Again, let me know if you have any questions!

3 comments:

  1. Love this! Thank you for posting! Mine turned out so cute and I didnt have any issues with the pattern. THanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What size yarn the hook calls for?

    ReplyDelete