-Herbed Wild Rice-
- 2 cups fresh button mushrooms, quartered
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion (3 medium)
- 1 cup uncooked wild rice, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 14-ounce cans vegetable or chicken broth
Directions1. In a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker, combine mushrooms, carrots, onions, wild rice, brown rice, basil, thyme, rosemary, pepper, garlic, and butter. Pour undrained tomatoes and broth over mixture.
2. Cover; cook on low-heat setting for 6 to 7 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 to 3 1/2 hours. Stir before serving.