Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Hoping for the best, preparing for the worst.



So, with my last pregnancy, I was sicker than a dog for about 12 weeks.  I lost a ton of weight and couldn't eat anything but fruit and crackers.  It was hell.  I think back at that time in my life and I remember thinking I was going to die.  I could hardly sit still in class (since I was still in college) and could hardly walk the distance to school from my car.  It was so hard!  With this pregnancy, I haven't had much sickness yet, I've just been so incredibly exhausted.  Everyone keeps telling me it's a boy. :)  But, since I'm still very early int he process, I'm preparing for the worst.  I remember grapes and club crackers were my go-to snack.  I've also heard ginger works well, so I'm grabbing ginger snaps.  I also just ordered 3 boxes of Preggie Pops, which I've heard amazing things about.  I figure during subbing, I can suck on those and if my kids hassle me (since if a teacher has candy, they have to share...) they can see the box for themselves, seeing that it is for pregnant women will help keep them away!  Any other ideas?  At least this time I know what to expect if I do get sick, but I'm still hoping I don't get sick, or at least that it isn't as bad.

2 comments:

  1. Hey I'm a friend of Samantha :) I love your blog :) Have you heard of sea bands? I didn't use them but I have friends who did and said they really helped. I think you can get them at Walgreens. It's just little braclets that you wear on your wrists that put pressure in a certain spot that is supposed to help. Also,. I hate to say this but I have to be honest- I didn't start getting sick until week six... but hopefully it is a boy and it wont be so bad this time. Excited for you! Congrats :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I forgot about those too! I remember someone suggested them to me right as I was starting to feel better with my last pregnancy! I will definitely give those a shot as well! Thanks! I didn't get sick until the 6th or 7th week last time either, so that's why I'm getting ready for this time around. :) I'm even considering making meals and freezing them so I don't have to smell my husband cook. Oi...

    ReplyDelete