Our date night meal:
Beef Sirloin Tips with Smokey Pepper sauce
- 1-1/2 lb. beef sirloin tip steak
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika or paprika
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 12- to 16-oz. jar roasted red and/or yellow sweet peppers
- 1/2 cup hickory- or mesquite-flavored barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
Directions1. Trim meat and cut into 1- to 1-1/2-inch chunks; sprinkle with paprika. In a 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add meat; brown 5 minutes or to desired doneness. Remove from skillet; keep warm.
2. Meanwhile, drain roasted red peppers, reserving liquid. Cut up roasted peppers. Measure 1/2 cup of the reserved liquid (if needed, add enough water to equal 1/2 cup). Add peppers and the liquid to the skillet. Add barbecue sauce. Cook, uncovered, 5 to 10 minutes, stirring frequently until sauce is slightly thickened. Return meat to skillet; heat through.
3. Sprinkle with parsley. Makes 4 servings.