Since we ALWAYS have gold fish crackers in our house because they're a go-to snack for Ellie, I thought we'd make this for dinner tonight.
Quick Chicken Strips
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2-1/2 cups crushed bite-size cheddar fish-shaped crackers or pretzels
- 2/3 cup bottled buttermilk ranch salad dressing
- 1 lb. chicken breast tenderloins
- Bottled buttermilk ranch salad dressing
DirectionsPreheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a 15x10x1-inch baking pan with foil; lightly coat foil with cooking spray. Set aside.
In a shallow dish place the crushed crackers. In another shallow dish place the ranch dressing. Dip chicken tenderloins into the dressing, allowing excess to drip off; dip into cracker crumbs to coat. Arrange chicken in prepared pan.
Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink (170 degrees F). If desired, serve with additional ranch dressing.
4. Makes 4 servings
5. Quicker Crunchy Chicken Strips: Prepare as above, except use one 10-ounce package of cooked refrigerated chicken breast strips instead of the chicken breast tenderloins and bake only 5 to 8 minutes or until heated through.
(This recipe is, yet again, from Better Homes & Gardens. My favorite magazine in the world.)