I had to share this recipe with y'all! We tried it last night and absolutely loved it!
Pineapple Chicken (Mildly Spicy!)
- 1-1/2 lb. skinless, boneless chicken
- 1/2 tsp. curry seasoning blend
- 1 red sweet pepper, cut in strips
- 1 pineapple, peeled, cored, cut in large chunks
- 1 serrano pepper, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp. packed brown sugar
- 1 t. kosher salt
Directions1. Sprinkle chicken with 1/2 teaspoon salt and curry seasoning. In 12-inch skillet quickly brown chicken on both sides in 1 tablespoon hot olive oil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-high; cook 12 minutes, until tender and no longer pink.
2. For sauce, in second skillet cook sweet pepper in 1 tablespoon hot olive oil over medium-high heat 3 minutes; set aside. Add pineapple; cook 5 minutes or until brown. Add serrano pepper; cook 1 minute. Stir in coconut milk and brown sugar; heat through. Serve sauce with peppers over chicken. Makes 4 servings.
Tip: Wear gloves when you cut the serrano. I'm not a huge spicy food fan, but I really liked the spice in this.... minus how my hands felt for a good 5 hours after cutting the pepper. (as well as being a complete idiot and rubbing my eye....)
Tip: I added more curry to the sauce, as well as salt. I also let the sauce reduce on low heat for about 4 minutes. We served it with asparagus and Target's pouch rice- Cashew Basmati. So, so good! Enjoy!